This two-year pre sea training course for diploma holders [DME] is a course Leading to class 4 marine engineer officer certificate of competency awarded by the ministry of shipping, government of India, after six months of sea service enabling the cadets to become marine engineers on board merchant naval ships anywhere in the world.
Duration of Course
Date of Commencement of Course
1st April & 1st Oct
Twice in a year as mentioned above
- 1. Diploma holder in mechanical / marine / naval architecture / electrical / electrical & electronics engineering with minimum 50% marks in final year and with minimum 50% in English at 10th or 12th standard or diploma course.
- 2. Age maximum 28 years as on 1st April/1st October
- 1. Candidates should qualify in entrance examination which would be conducted at Chennai, at School of Maritime studies, Vels university, at the address given below.
- 2. Entrance examination will consist of objective type questions from areas such English language, IQ and Psychometry
- 3. Medical fitness required as per Ministry of Shipping guidelines.
- 4. Medical fitness should be certified by Ministry of Shipping approved doctor.
- 5. Eyesight requirement — minimum unaided vision in each eye to be 6/12 with no colour blindness
1. Application form can be downloaded from website www.velsuniv.ac.in
2.Filled in application form, should be sent to the address given below.
3.Once application form duly filled-in is received, call letter for entrance examination will be sent to the candidates from Vels university.