The Centre for Career Development (CCD) at Vels University not only functions as the working body to facilitate smooth working of the placement activities in the campus but also works to facilitate the training activities of the students and makes sure that they get placed in the best of both national and international companies that visit the campus for placements.
Mr.N.Srinivasan, Head of the Department - Placement
Mr.V.Baranidharan, Assistant Placement Officer
Mrs.B.Akila, Executive - Placement
The key responsibilities of the CCD are listed below:
• To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business houses of repute from all over India.
• To prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and VELS alumni.
• To promote career counseling by organizing guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
• CCD (Centre for Career Development) - Registration
• Eligibility Criteria- 60% in X, XII, UG and PG as applicable - No Current Arrears/ No History of arrears - Academic gap
Get the Vels advantage!
• Visit of Top IT Services Companies
• Visit of Top IT product companies
• Visit of Top Core Engineering Companies
• Super Dream Offers
• More than 1000 + Placement Offers
• 111 + Multiple offers
• 100 + Company Visits
• 4.38 Lakh Average Salary
Consolidated statement for the Last Five Years
Number of students selected during campus interviews by different employers
|No. of Companies visited||63||69||89||90||92|
|No. of participating students||1592||1198||1534||1659||1591|
|No. of students placed||1012||802||1071||1192||1182|
|Ducen IT Solutions||Safexpress||Tech Mahindra|
|GoDB Tech||Leaap International||CAMS (Computer Age Management Services)|
|CTS||Aditya Birla Group-More||Lifecell International|
|HTC Global Solutions||Bollore Logistics||Novo Nordisk|
|Mphasis||L&T Constructions||Dr.Mohan Diabetics|
|Unisol India Pvt Ltd||Lotte India||R.R.Donnelly|
|HCL Technologies||Purvankara||SKN Organics|
|TATA Elxsi||Sona Logistics||Dr.Lal Path Laboratories|
|Sutherland Global Services||TG Terminal Pvt Ltd||Micro Therapeutic Research Centre|
|Savvysoft Technologies||Future Group (Big Bazaar.Com)||L Parikshan|
|Rane India Pvt ltd||Fynsea Lines and Logistics||S10 Health Care|
|Valued Epistemics||CTS||AGS Health Care System|
|Saint Gobain||Mckinsey||Malladi Drugs Research|
|ATTUNE Software||TCS Limited(BPS)||Abbott Laboratories|
|Jaro Education||Sutherland Global Services||Glenmark Pharmaceutical|